Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Spinach is popular at our house, and I am always trying out new dishes with spinach.....This is one that is a favorite, and I am sure you will enjoy...don't forget to top with feta cheese, cause thats where a lot of the flavour is.
- 1 1⁄3 cups uncooked rice
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- 4 onions, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 1 package frozen spinach, thawed and slightly drained (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (approx)
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- In a med-large deep, flame and oven-proof casserole dish, saute the onions and garlic in butter, until soft.
- Add the broth, rice, tomatoes and spinach; stir to mix.
- When mixture begins to boil; cover and put in oven for 45-50 minutes, or until rice is done.
- Top with Feta cheese to serves.
I love all the ingredients in this recipe, loved how quick and easy it was to prepare and was delighted - but not in the least surprised - by how delicious it was! A great blend of flavours! :) We enjoyed it with Recipe #361894. I made this exactly to the recipe, using my Recipe #135453 and the only changes I will make next time time will be to add some herbs, and that's just because I do use herbs a lot. Thank you for sharing another fabulously flavoursome recipe, KITTENCAL. Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders.
Had good flavor but would probably add meat next time to satisfy the hubby. I only used two onions and it still made MUCH more than four servings.
Very good combination of flavours, mild, bitter, fruity sour. I left out the feta as I don't eat cheese, but I can easiely imagine, that it improves further on the flavour. Instead of feta I added 2 TB fresh parsley and 1 TB fresh basil 5 minutes before the dish was done, I halfed the recipe without problem.