Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This tasty combination is great served over fetticini for a main dish.
- 3 lbs raw large shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup butter, whipped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped green onion top
- 3 large tomatoes, peeled,in wedges
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup cream sherry
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and set aside.
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Saute garlic, green onion tops and tomato wedges.
- Add shrimp and season with oregano, salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn shrimp frequently and saute until pink.
- Add feta cheese and cream sherry.
- Bring to boil and cook 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove shrimp carefully to casserole.
This was quick and easy. We enjoyed it. I did use only half of the feta because it seemed like a lot to us. It still had great flavor. I think I will add more garlic next time. Thanks for posting!
i love this recipe and it is very easy to make. all of my co-workers wanted the recipe. if you make this ignore direction # 10. it doesnt make sense.