Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
For ZWT 6 - Greece. This is a very old recipe from Sunset.
- 12 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces feta cheese, cut up
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 parsley, chopped
- 10 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- Cut feta cheese into 1/2 inch chunks.
- Beat eggs with water, oregano and pepper to blend.
- Melt butter in a wide skillet with an ovenproof handle, over low heat.
- Pour in egg mixture. Cook, lifting cooked portion with a wide spatula to let the uncooked eggs flow underneath, until eggs are just softly set.
- Sprinkle feta cheese evenly over eggs.
- Put under broiler for about 2 minutes, just until cheese is hot.
- Sprinkle with tomatoes, parsley & olives.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
I scaled this down to 2 servings for breakfast today for my son and myself, but used more of the tomato, parsley and olives than the scaled-down version called for. We served this wonderfully-flavourful eggs in whole-wheat pita breads for a 'greek burrito' breakfast. Yummy!
Didn't add the water, delicious!!
Enjoyed for ZWT9- made a great lunch. Recipe scaled down to serve one- otherwise made as written. The oregano, tomato, olive and parsley made this a very tasty dish. Photo also to be posted