Creamy Cheesy Scrambled Eggs
photo by I'mPat
- Ready In:
- 9 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 (21 g) wedges laughing cow light spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs (the secret ingredient!)
- salt and pepper
- Over medium to medium low heat, melt butter in frying pan.
- Add the wedges of laughing cow cheese and slowly melt.
- In mixing bowl, crack and whisk eggs until puffy (or until the cheese has melted in the pan).
- Add eggs to pan & turn with a spatula (you don't want them to get brown marks).
- When the eggs are pretty well set, add the shredded cheddar and take the pan off the heat. Mix the cheddar in by folding over the eggs until cheddar is melted.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I scaled this back to use 3 eggs for 2 of us serving it on large field mushrooms which I had baked in the oven for a lovely breakfast for the DM and I. I used an extra light cream cheese which I seasoned with a herb and garlic seasoning mix and used a sharp cheddar and mozzarella blend of cheese. Thank you chefbren, made for Bargain Basement.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook. I have three boys ages 11 to 16 months, so I have to censor my ingredients at times. My favorite chef is Rachael Ray from Food Network, her 30 minute meals cookbook is great. Recently, my 7 year old son has shown an interest in cooking, so I have been looking for easy recipes for the two of us to cook together. My husband stays at home with the boys while I work outside the home. It works out great, he does all the cleaning and I do the cooking. He never complains about the mess I make when I cook lasagna or enchiladas, as long as there are leftovers! Before I found recipezaar, I would mainly watch Food Network, but some of their recipes are so involved, I really appreciate a site like this where "normal" people are reviewing the recipes.