Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this online -- looks simple and easy to put together, and a nice variation of the normal pasta dishes I make.
- 1 lb linguine
- 3 tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 (2 ounce) can black olives, drained and sliced
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Plunge whole tomatoes in water briefly, until skin starts to peel. Remove with a slotted spoon and place in cold water.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook as directed on package.
- While pasta is cooking peel blanched tomatoes and chop.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Stir in garlic and mushrooms and saute until mushrooms start to get soft. Stir in tomatoes and oregano and cook until tomatoes and mushrooms are tender.
- Serve pasta topped with hot tomato sauce and sprinkle with feta and olives.
Great and easy dish! The sauce was simple to put together and had a nice flavor. I used only 2 oz of pasta per person, so there was plenty of sauce for the pasta - yum! Thanks for sharing! ZWT9
Very easy and good, I didnt have feta, sorry about that, would be good, however the olives were a lovely addition. Thanks iewe, made for ZWT9, Panthers On The Prowl.
We had this for dinner tonight, and it was great! Hubby cleaned his bowl, and said he would like it again. I think next time i will add maybe 2 more tomatoes. I used 4 roma tomatoes this time, and I used Kalamata olives, which i sliced, and added most of them to the sauce, saving a few to sprinkle on top. It was a tasty, easy dish, and we will definately ahve it again. [made for the Aussie/New zealand forum Tag Game]