Recipe by iewe
Found this online -- looks simple and easy to put together, and a nice variation of the normal pasta dishes I make.
Top Review by Starrynews
Great and easy dish! The sauce was simple to put together and had a nice flavor. I used only 2 oz of pasta per person, so there was plenty of sauce for the pasta - yum! Thanks for sharing! ZWT9
- 1 lb linguine
- 3 tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 (2 ounce) can black olives, drained and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Plunge whole tomatoes in water briefly, until skin starts to peel. Remove with a slotted spoon and place in cold water.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook as directed on package.
- While pasta is cooking peel blanched tomatoes and chop.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Stir in garlic and mushrooms and saute until mushrooms start to get soft. Stir in tomatoes and oregano and cook until tomatoes and mushrooms are tender.
- Serve pasta topped with hot tomato sauce and sprinkle with feta and olives.