Greek Death by Garlic Pasta
photo by Mike B.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 10 -20 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (whole) or 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper (whole)
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 3 cups penne pasta or 3 cups rotini pasta
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄3 cup romano cheese or 1/4-1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 -2 tablespoon Club House Greek seasoning
- 1 red pepper, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1 green pepper, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1 yellow pepper, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1 can 375ml black olives, Sliced or Whole,drained
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 (250 g) package feta cheese, cut and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 6 hot Italian sausages or 6 chorizo sausage, cooked and sliced into 1/2 slices
- Cook pasta according to pkg directions.
- While pasta is cooking, in a stir fry pan, Saute garlic and Peppers, in oil.
- Add Sausages,Olives and Greek seasoning to warm through.
- Toss hot pasta with garlic mixture, add salt
- Garnish with cheeses, lemon zest ,lemon juice, onion, pepper flakes and parsley.
- Serve immediately in a pre-warmed serving dish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
A phenomenal dish. The taste was unlike anything I have made before. The flavors did not blend into each other, rather the really did act in harmony with each other. Every bite sent a shot of a different flavor, cool bitterness of the lemon, the sweet zing of of onion, the spicy bite of the sausage, the tang of the feta, and the cool sweetness of the peppers. Simply put my wife said it was the best dish I have ever made, followed by the question of when I would be maiming it again, and could we invite some friends over.