Greek Penne and Chicken
Posted for 2006 Zaar World Tour - Greece. This recipe was adapted from a cooking website's newsletter.
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast half, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ground black pepper
- In a large pot bring salted water to a boil. Add penne pasta and cook until al dente, drain and set aside.
- Using a large skillet and over medium-high heat melt butter. Add onion and garlic to melted butter and cook for 2 minutes. Stirring occasionally, add chicken and continue cooking until golden brown, approximately 5-6 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, begin adding drained and chopped artichoke hearts, chopped tomato, feta cheese, fresh parsley, lemon juice, dried oregano, and drained penne pasta to the chicken. Cook until heated through, approximately 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste, serve warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
We loved this pasta dish -- it uses simple ingredients, but the flavors really come through. The lemon juice and oregano add just the right amount of flavor and the creamy texture of the feta just coats the pasta in a richness so no heavy sauce is needed. I only used 1/2 the amount of pasta and it was perfect. Served along with a salad -- it made a wonderful meal.