Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This pasta dish incorporates some of the flavors of Greece. It makes a wonderfully complete and satisfying meal. For extra flavor, toss in a few kalamata olives.
- 1 lb uncooked pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) can marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 2 lemons, wedged, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and onion, and saute for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and add the artichoke hearts, tomato, feta cheese, parsley, lemon juice, oregano and cooked pasta.
- Stir until heated through, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, season to taste with salt and pepper, and garnish with lemon wedges.
1st this was amazing. i followed the recipe as written but we like a touch more sauce so i added some chicken stock i also used more garlic. i don't think i would chage that either. the feta melted into it so amazingly. i would and some shrooms next time the kids can pick them out. so easy and so good. a definate keeper. it's a 5 star for sure but i added the stock that on us. this is a part of my dinner rotation. Nice enough for company or date night. YUMMY!!!!
sooooooo good!!! I added some parmesan cheese and mushrooms and some basil and a bit more garlic. but amazing!