Recipe by Juju Bee
These burrito's are unlike any other!! I was feeling really creative one day, and I got all of these ingredients in my head and decided to try it out. Oh my goodness! I have created a monster!! You can add a lot more things if you wish (Corn, Peas, Cilantro, beans, etc). This is just the basic recipe. Hope you like them as much as we did!
Top Review by ColoradoCookin'
This was a great recipe, very versitile. I made too much rice and it was still good. My other half likes his food really spicy so I dumped in a tablespoon of tabasco and he loved it.
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 3 -4 chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup crushed tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- flour tortillas or corn tortilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Disolve Boullion Cube in 2 Cups Boiling Water.
- Add rice, bring to a boil, cover, and turn heat to low; cook 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a skillet and add the onions; cook over high heat until carmelized, about 3-4 minutes- then add garlic and allow to sweat a bit.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces and lightly season with salt and pepper if desired; add to onions and garlic in pan; Cook Chicken thoroughly.
- Add Taco Seasoning and 3/4 Cup Water; Mix Well and allow to simmer for about 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in the Crushed Tomatoes.
- Add 2 Cups of the cooked rice to the chicken mixture and mix until all the rice is coated, adding some water if you feel the mixture is too thick.
- Stir in the Sour Cream until well blended.
- Serve on Flour or Corn Tortillas!
- PS-If you are serving on Corn Tortillas, be sure to use 2 tortillas for each serving because they tend to fall apart!