These burrito's are unlike any other!! I was feeling really creative one day, and I got all of these ingredients in my head and decided to try it out. Oh my goodness! I have created a monster!! You can add a lot more things if you wish (Corn, Peas, Cilantro, beans, etc). This is just the basic recipe. Hope you like them as much as we did!
- Disolve Boullion Cube in 2 Cups Boiling Water.
- Add rice, bring to a boil, cover, and turn heat to low; cook 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a skillet and add the onions; cook over high heat until carmelized, about 3-4 minutes- then add garlic and allow to sweat a bit.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces and lightly season with salt and pepper if desired; add to onions and garlic in pan; Cook Chicken thoroughly.
- Add Taco Seasoning and 3/4 Cup Water; Mix Well and allow to simmer for about 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in the Crushed Tomatoes.
- Add 2 Cups of the cooked rice to the chicken mixture and mix until all the rice is coated, adding some water if you feel the mixture is too thick.
- Stir in the Sour Cream until well blended.
- Serve on Flour or Corn Tortillas!
- PS-If you are serving on Corn Tortillas, be sure to use 2 tortillas for each serving because they tend to fall apart!
This was a great recipe, very versitile. I made too much rice and it was still good. My other half likes his food really spicy so I dumped in a tablespoon of tabasco and he loved it.
My DH loved this recipe. He is trying to each low fat. I used whole wheat tortillas. Yum and Thank you!
I made this recipe and it was very good. I would definitely recommend adding your favorite burrito stuff to it. The flavor was good, but I think some cilantro, chiles and cheese would have set it off wonderfully. Thanks for a good meal!