Recipe by Northwest Lynnie
A re-creation of a wonderful pasta dish I ate on Whidbey Island in Wash. State, this is fresh with tomatoes, mushrooms, and spinach.
Top Review by yogiclarebear
Yum! I used tofu Shirataki noodles in place of linguini, thus I did not use chicken broth. I also used more garlic than called for, because I *heart* garlic, and I added parmesan cheese. Everything else was as is, wonderful!
- 8 ounces dried linguine
- 8 ounces smoked salmon (my favorite is alder smoked salmon from Trader Joe's. ( DO NOT USE LOX STYLE smoked salmon))
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) packageorganic baby spinach leaves, divided
- 2 cups chicken broth (or more)
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute shallots and garlic in olive oil in a large skillet until soft.
- Add mushrooms and tomatoes, saute for another 2 mins.
- Add chicken broth and 3/4 of the spinach; gently simmer over low heat while pasta cooks.
- Cook pasta a little less time than according to pkg directions.
- Drain pasta and gently stir it into the sauce.
- Simmer gently until pasta absorbs some of the sauce, and is cooked to your preference.
- Crumble the salmon into chunks and gently stir it into the pasta.
- Add more chicken broth if needed and heat through.
- Serve on a bed of the reserved spinach and sprinkle with freshly ground pepper to taste.