Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From my Great Grandma's cookbook. It's a generational family favorite, and super easy! It's good warm or cold, but I prefer it warm. Great for cold nights. Pretty healthy, too! I like to double this recipe, because I usually down the soup in 2 days.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (can substitute olive oil)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup milk (I use half and half)
- Melt butter in sauté pan.
- Sauté onion and zucchini until translucent.
- Once cooked, pour contents of pan and chicken broth in blender
- Add 1/2 cup milk, blend again.
- Heat in a pot, serve warm!