Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
My grandma used to make these for me when I was little. I can still remember sitting in the kitchen waiting and smelling the great aroma.
- 3 lbs fresh green beans, cleaned and snapped
- 3 tablespoons bacon grease
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- salt and pepper
- Put Green beans in a large pot.
- Cover with water.
- Put Bacon Grease in the pot.
- Separate the Onion slices stir into GreenBeans.
- Bring to a ROLLING boil.
- Turn down to simmer.
- Stirring occasionally and adding water as needed.
- Let simmer an hour.
- Serve Hot.
Thanks for the quick and easy recipe. Just the way Grandma used to make it too :)
This recipe brought back memories of my grandmother. Her generation you never threw anything out. There was always a jar of bacon grease by the stove. Thanks for such a wonderful recipe and memory.
Awesome recipe, I remember my grandmother making green beans for me similar to this. Only she used bacon instead of just bacon grease. Ohhh the calories we used to unknowingly consume!!!