Bonnie's Best Banana Bread - Bonnie Stern
photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
1 large loaf
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In a small bowl combine bananas with buttermilk and baking soda.
- In a medium sized bowl beat butter with brown sugar until light. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In yet another bowl combine flour with baking powder and salt.
- Add flour to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk/bananas beginning and ending with flour.
- Transfer to a 6 cup/1.5L loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
No disappointment here! My usual complaint (the center remaining gooey if you get the edges done right OR the edges getting crunchy if you get the center done right) is NOT a consideration with this recipe! It IS a lighter banana bread though...not the heavier dense version. Five stars for the "done-all-over" factor AND the flavor! I used regular unbleached flour, fluffing it before measuring, and it worked just fine. My only urge to "fiddle" would be to play with the leavenings...to see if I could get by with a little less soda. I'll let you know! Thanks for a keeper!!