Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Fluffy fabulously tasty pancakes passed down from my Grandmother's Grandmother. . . :-)
Make and share this Grandma's Basic Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg, well-beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, Melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine dry ingredients together. Beat egg into milk and add to dry ingredients. Melt then cool the butter so you are not adding to your pancake mixture hot! Finish batter by stirring in vanilla.
- Cook on a HOT griddle (around 400 degrees).
I have tried a number of recipes and they were all just ok- this recipe is the best I have ever tried- Its going in the cookbook folder of "it recipes" - Really great pancakes. THANK YOU !
Great pancakes. I used canola oil in the batter instead of butter. Thanks FabulousMissV :) Made for PAC Spring 2011