Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was posted in response to a recipe request in the German Cooking Forum. It's been translated from a recipe on www.mamas-rezepte.de. I hope you'll like it.
- 7 fluid ounces cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 125 g melted butter (that equals approx 1/2 US cup)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 ounces slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons milk
- In a bowl cream the eggs with the sugar.
- In a seperate bowl mix the flour with the baking powder.
- Add some flour/baking powder to the egg mixture and combine, then add some of the cream and continue that way, alternating between the two, mix until you have a smooth dough.
- Spread the dough onto a greased or baking paper lined oven tray (this is just the standard tray that comes with your oven, the one that fits directly into it, it doesn't have to be deep).
- Bake in a pre-heated oven (200°C/400°F/Gas 6) for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix the melted butter, almonds, milk and sugar.
- Remove the cake from the oven and evenly brush with the almond butter mixture.
- Place back in the oven and continue to bake at the same temperature for another 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool and cut into slices.
we really liked this i used about 8 ozs sour cream instead of cream .thanks for posting dee
Yummy! Very easy to make! Thank you for posting!
This is a very good cake and I will be baking it lots.