Grandma's Pineapple Upside-Down Cake!
This was my all time favorite dessert that my grandma made. Funny, considering I usually don't like any cakes made from a mix!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained of 1/3 cup juice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Melt butter in a skillet and mix in sugar and pineapple.
- Pour pineapple mixture into a 9x13" cake pan.
- Make cake batter as directed on box
- Pour cake batter over and spread.
- Bake at 350 for about 50 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
A pretty good (and easy!) recipe. I used white cake mix, and replaced the brown sugar with 2tbsp honey, and 3tbsps brown sugar. I also only used 3tbsps butter. Only problem? I thought ti was a little too sweet for my liking, even though I had reduced everyting. Next time, I'll probably leave out the butter and sugar.Reply
see 3 more