Recipe by Suzy McCarty
Especially good if served with wild rice. Recipe in honor of my Grandmother who passed away 1 year ago. This was always a wonderful treat when she made this!
Top Review by donnie27
I hope it's ok for me to rate this recipe because I made bbq chicken tonight to use up some store-bought bbq sauce. So I made the recipe, adding the onions, peppers (including some hotter home grown peppers)and mushrooms to my sauce. (therefore I didn't use the brown sugar or catsup). I browned the chicken, coated it with the sauce, then baked covered for 20 min., removed the cover and cooked the last 25 min. to carmalize the sauce. This was absolutely delicious....I will make my own sauce next time, because this was so good I know I'll make it again. Got raves at the table....!! Thanks for posting.......Donna
- 1 fryer, cut up or 8 -10 pieces chicken
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 cup canned mushroom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Flour chicken, Fry in skillet until lightly brown.
- Place chicken in 2 qt. Casserole dish.
- In a saucepan, melt butter, add onions & pepper, cook until tender.
- Add mushrooms & remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350* for 45 minutes.