1/3 Photos of Gourmet Pesto Pizza
Kitchen Kozy's Note:
This is a little more grown-up than your average pizza. (I don't necessarily measure all the toppings, just use as much as you want!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 566.99 g whole wheat pizza dough (store-bought or home-made)
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 226.79 g sliced mushrooms
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 28.39 ml sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained
- 56.69 g herbed goat cheese
- 473.18 ml shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (or your favorite pizza cheese)
- 56.69 g sliced black olives
- 85.04-113.39 g pesto sauce (store-bought or home-made)
- 1If the pizza dough has been refrigerated, take it out and let it warm up a bit.
- 2Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large pan and then add the mushrooms and chopped onions. Saute until soft. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and cook for another minute or two. If there is liquid remaining in the pain, drain it.
- 3Stretch out the pizza dough onto a lightly oiled pizza pan, or a pizza stone.
- 4spread the pesto sauce onto the dough -- it's best of the pesto is a little less oily than usual: if I buy store-bought I let it separate a bit in the container and then avoid the oil rather than mixing it back inches.
- 5Top with the sauteed vegetables, then the shredded cheese.
- 6Add the black olives and small (1/2 inch cubes) chunks of the goat cheese.
- 7Bake according to the instructions on the dough or dough recipe (generally 450 degrees for about 10-12 minutes).
- 8Slice and enjoy!
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gourmet Pesto Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (836 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.7
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 36.3 mg
- Sodium 410.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 14.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat pizza dough
herbed goat cheese