Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great recipe for homemade goulash. It is very easy to make and tastes great.
Make and share this Goulash recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small bell pepper (diced)
- 1 (8 ounce) box macaroni noodles (cooked)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can campbell's tomato soup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- water, if needed
- Brown ground beef; drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Stir in mushrooms, green peppers, onion, paprika, salt, sugar, pepper & garlic salt.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato soup, cooked macaroni, and ground beef. Add a little water if needed. Sometimes the diced tomatoes don’t have enough juice.
- Cook 5 minutes on medium heat, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir often.
Made for Fall PAC 2011 and I added more garlic for our tastes but otherwise followed the instructions. Definately a keeper and sooo easy to make. Next time I might add some corn for us just to put in some more vegies into my DH.
I also doubled the recipe and added 1/2 cup shredded italian cheese and 5 slices american cheese at the end for some added creaminess. Thanks! Reminds me of th goulash my mom used to make when I was a kid.
I doubled the recipe, added a bit more sugar, a little more garlic, but otherwise stayed true to the original. It just wasn't the consistency I like-I like it thicker, deeper flavor and the tomatoes less visible. So , after I made it in the skillet, I put it in the crock pot on low several hours. It was perfect! My husband added corn to his, my kids sprinkled mozzarella on theirs, but they all loved it.