1/3 Photos of Gordon Ramsay's Shepherd's Pie
I found this on a blog on the internet site I can do that. This is a recipe that author "Oggi" adapted from Gordon Ramsay's show "Kitchen Nightmares" where he tried to save the restaurant. This recipe ended up being the signature dish of the restaurant.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs extra lean ground beef (or lamb)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, grated
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 1 cup red wine
- 1Prepare the mashed potatoes:.
- 2Place potatoes in a pot, add enough water to cover, add salt, cook for 15 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork. Drain potatoes and mash (I prefer using a ricer). Warm the cream and butter then add to the mashed potatoes. Season with salt, then beat with a wooden spoon or hand beater for 1 minute until fluffy. Do not overbeat or it might turn gummy.
- 3Prepare the filling:.
- 4Add 2 T grated Parmesan cheese. Cover, set aside, keep warm while preparing beef.
- 5In a large skillet, heat olive oil, stir fry beef until no longer pink. Drain off excess grease. Add onion, garlic, and carrot and stir fry for 3 minutes.
- 6Add worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, thyme and rosemary, cook for 1 minute. Add wine and simmer until wine has almost evaporated. Add the broth and simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- 7Transfer beef to a deep dish.
- 8Spoon mashed potato on top of beef. Sprinkle with 1 T grated Parmesan cheese. Fluff with a fork to create peaks.
- 9Bake in a 400° F oven for 20 minutes or broil until top is brown.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gordon Ramsay's Shepherd's Pie
Serving Size: 1 (625 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 734.0
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 179.4 mg
- Sodium 2057.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 55.7 g