Gordon Ramsay's Tomato and Mushroom Risotto
This creamy risotto recipe was in the "Dinner for Four Under $10" section of People magazine. I haven't tried it yet but Gordon Ramsay seems to make really good dishes and this looked yummy!
- Ready In:
- 1 large shallot, chopped finely
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 10 ounces arborio rice
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces plum tomatoes, skinned, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan sauté the shallots with the olive oil for about 3 to 4 minutes and then add the mushrooms and continue to sauté for another 5 minutes, stirring frequently until softened.
- Stir in the rice and cook for another minute or two. Add the wine, stir and cook until absorbed. Pour in a quarter of the chicken broth, bring to a boil and cook until absorbed, stirring frequently.
- Gradually stir in the rest of the broth over a period of about 15 minutes, adding more as each previous amount is absorbed. This helps to give you a creamy risotto.
- When the rice is al dente, mix in the tomatoes and herbs. Check the seasoning and stir in the cheeses. Serve in warmed bowls topped with shaved aged Parmesan.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Wonderful. This time I had no fresh tomatoes so use a can of stewed tomatoes - well drained and chopped. I added the juice from the stewed tomatoes to the risotto and reduced the broth total volume. This is a simple fantastic no-fail recipe that can be adapted many ways. Love risotto!! Served tonight with chicken and asparagus.