Recipe by Denise in da Kitchen
I make this with Christmas dinner every year. My Polish mother-in-law thought it was as good as the one she remembered her mother making when she was a child. Only difference is that this one is a lot easier.
- 2 lbs fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cups sour cream
- minced parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender.
- Sprinkle with flour, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Gradually stir in milk, chicken broth and bouillon; bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat.
- Stir in sour cream; heat through (do NOT boil).
- If desired, garnish with a dollop of sour cream or minced parsley.