Orange carrots, a bit of apple, golden raisins and coconut make these dense and sunny muffins just right!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup oat bran (optional)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 2 cups fine grated raw carrots
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped fine
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup golden raisin
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place rack in center of oven
- 2Place paper liners in 18 muffin cups.
- 3Chop walnuts
- 4Peel and finely grate the carrots and apple. Set aside.
- 5In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and ground cinnamon.
- 6Stir in the nuts and coconut.
- 7Set aside.
- 8In a separate bowl, beat together eggs, oil ands vanilla.
- 9Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until just incorporated
- 10Fill muffin cups and bake for 20-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- 11Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Carrot Muffins:
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.6
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 186.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 23.7 g
- Protein 2.9 g