Recipe by Aroostook
Orange carrots, a bit of apple, golden raisins and coconut make these dense and sunny muffins just right!
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup oat bran (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 2 cups fine grated raw carrots
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped fine
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place rack in center of oven
- Place paper liners in 18 muffin cups.
- Chop walnuts
- Peel and finely grate the carrots and apple. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and ground cinnamon.
- Stir in the nuts and coconut.
- Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together eggs, oil ands vanilla.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until just incorporated
- Fill muffin cups and bake for 20-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.