1/3 Photos of Goji Berry Rice Pudding
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Um Safia's Note:
This is a super healthy version of rice pudding, which is easy to make & packed full of goodness. It comes from Nutrition Housecall. Time to make does not include chilling time. For a nice alternative use dried cranberries or blueberries.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 ounces dried goji berries
- 3 ounces seedless golden raisins
- 1/2 cup quick long grain brown rice
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups skim milk or 3 cups soymilk
- 3/4 cup agave syrup or 3/4 cup honey
- 3 omega- 3 eggs or 3 free range eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- fresh mint, extra raisins & goji berries to garnish
- 1Using a large, heavy sauce pot bring water to a rolling boil. Add salt and rice. Cover, reduce heat, and cook rice until done, approximately 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in milk and sugar. Cover and cook over very low heat for approximately 1 hour. The mixture should look like thin oatmeal.
- 2Whip eggs to a froth. Add vanilla and half of the cinnamon. Slowly add about 6 ounces of hot mixture to beaten egg mixture to temper the egg.
- 3Blend until smooth with an immersion / stick blender or in the liquidizer. Now return to the pan & cook on a medium heat (not too high) until the mixture thickens, about 2 minutes.
- 4Add goji berries and raisins. Mix until even. Remove from heat immediately. Portion into six heat resistant glass or ceramic dessert dishes / glasses. I like to make a flower design with the goji berries & raisins, both get lovely after a couple of hours. Chill in refrigerator at least two hours or overnight.
- 5Serve garnished with fresh mint leaves and powdered cinnamon.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Goji Berry Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.0
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 108.2 mg
- Sodium 498.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: