1/3 Photos of Gobble Me Up! Turkey Baked Beans
6 hrs 20 mins
Sweet & sassy baked beans, featuring lean ground turkey, are easy to throw together & slow cooked in the crockpot. Serve as a side dish or add crusty bread and a green salad for a filling main dish. With the kick of Rotel tomatoes balanced by tangy orange marmalade, your family is sure to gobble this up! Created for Category Craze-E #1, Fall 2008 contest but removed so I could post the other entries.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (31 ounce) cans pork & beans (I use Van Kamps brand)
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, mild flavor (Rotel brand)
- 1 large leek, rough chop white & light green parts only
- 1/2 cup sugar-free orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1Drain one can of pork & beans, do not drain the other. Pour both into the crockpot.
- 2Chop the bacon into 1 inch pieces (removing any large areas of fat) & fry on the stove til almost crisp, but not quite. Drain grease. Add bacon to crockpot.
- 3In same frying pan, crumble & brown the ground turkey. Drain & add to crockpot.
- 4Add the last 8 ingredients & stir well.
- 5Set crockpot to low setting & cook for 6-8 hours.
Browse Our Top Equipment Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gobble Me Up! Turkey Baked Beans
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 641.2
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 106.0 mg
- Sodium 2182.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.4 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 33.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sugar-free orange marmalade