Perfect Turkey Meatballs
photo by gemini08
- Ready In:
- 16 ounces lean turkey breast, ground
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, grated
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oil, for browning
- Into a medium bowl, mix all ingredients except the oil.
- Form into approximately 16 meatballs.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-low heat and add meatballs, browning as desired.
- When browned as desired, add 1/2 - 3/4 cup water to skillet and cover with lid; simmer over medium-low heat for approximately 20 minutes or until a split meatball is no longer pink inside and the juices are clear.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very flavourful turkey meatballs! We loved them and I will be making them again. Loved the touch of ginger. Served them with whole wheat spaghetti and some zippy homemade sauece I had in the freezer. thanks for posting one I will use regularly. In reference to another reviewer, I would serve these as an appetizer, made smaller with a zippy dip, could even use them to make a meadball sub, a nice versitile recipe with lots of flavour.