Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Hot and firery this curry uses vinegar as a marinade, and unusually mustard powder to provide some of the heat.
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cardamom, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 lbs pork, cubed
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 inches fresh ginger, grated
- Put onions, garlic and all of the spices into a bowl, using some of the vinegar make a paste. Divide the paste into two.
- To one half of the paste add the remaining vinegar. Cover the meat with this mixture and leave to marinate over night.
- Heat the oil and fry the sliced onions with the ginger and the second spice mix until onions are soft and brown.
- Add the meat mixture and a little water, simmer till meat is tender, adding water if the dish becomes too dry.