Recipe by Glutenfree Hopefullsoul
When my husband requested a gluten free yorkshire pudding I searched the internet without very many results. Then I found this recipe on the Gluten Free Celiac Disease Forum... Thank you shawnmcb for posting your recipe. It was a huge success for my family gathering... they LOVED it!
- 2⁄3 cup gluten-free flour, mix (any)
- 1⁄3 cup cornstarch or 1⁄3 cup potato starch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or up to 1 tsp to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 -3 whole eggs
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup half-and-half cream
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 425.
- Mix all dry ingredients well. Beat eggs separately, then add to dry ingredients, mixing well with electric hand mixer. Finally, add the milk or cream and beat for a couple of minutes (should be the consistency of thick cream).
- Grease bottom and sides of 8x8 pan.
- Distribute the batter evenly. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes. You can tell by looking at it, how moist it is. If it needs more time, continue cooking until it looks right to you.