I found this recipe for gluten free tortillas on another website and wanted to post it here...so I don't lose it! I made these last night and used them for bean and cheese burritos and my 12 year old (who we just started GF) didn't even blink (which means she didn't know they weren't "normal" tortillas! PS- I used Namaste GF All Purpose Flour Mix, but plan to try all the other mixes out there too
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix the thoroughly.
- 2Add the water to the bowl and mix the dry ingredients into the water with your hand until its an even mixture.
- 3Separate the dough into 8 pieces and roll each piece into a ball with a rolling pin. Place all but one of the dough balls back into the bowl and cover with plastic wrap until you're ready to work with them.
- 4Sprinkle a clean, flat surface with a bit of buckwheat or other GF flour and then roll your dough ball into a roughly circular shape and get as thin as possible.
- 5Preheat a hot frying pan (I use a cast iron griddle on medium heat with just a smidge of olive oil) add the tortilla and let it cook approximately 1-2 minutes or until it has started puffing up and the bottom side is developing those lovely brown spots. Flip the tortilla and cook the other side until is toasty as well.
- 6Remove and keep warm until ready to use.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Tortillas
Serving Size: 1 (32 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4.6
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 337.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: