This is a great recipe. It tastes just like the wheat containing sponge shortcakes that you can buy at the grocery store, during strawberry season. This recipe uses only 6 ingredients and you can find them all right in your kitchen.It is a great recipe for people that are trying to find an easy dessert to make for a Celiac family member or friend, coming over for dinner. It's quick, its easy, and its really really yummy!!! Try it, you won't be dissapointed!!!!!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 12-muffin pan.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar, using electric mixer.
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy.
- In a small bowl mix the cornstarch and baking powder together and add slowly to the creamed mixture. (If added too quickly, it will fly about the kitchen.).
- Mix until well blended.
- Fill the greased muffin tins half full.
- Bake for 15 minutes. (Test with a toothpick, after 15 minutes, even if the top looks shiny).
- Remove from the pan while still warm. (They will look like little cupcakes.But trust me they will taste just like little shortcakes).
- Serve topped with strawberries, and whipped cream.