- Ready In:
- 1 pint strawberry, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup Bisquick Heart Smart mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- fat-free whipped topping
- Mix strawberries and 1/4 c sugar. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Mix Bisquick, 2 T sugar and milk until soft dough forms.
- Divide dough into fourths. Drop each fourth onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Split warm shortcakes. Fill and top with strawberries and whipped topping.
Join The Conversation
Thank you, thank you! I have been looking all over for this recipe, after Bisquick took it off the box! (Why would they do that?) This has been a standard in our household for years, and I was grateful to see it in writing, as my memory isn't what it used to be. Sometimes I add a dash of ground ginger and/or nutmeg. Also have sub'd half the sugar with no-cal sweetener and it comes out fine. Can't tell you how happy I am to find this recipe on your website.
I love this version of shortcakes. Really does not lack in flavor and they are very moist for a shortcake. I topped mine with a mix of fresh strawberries and blueberries and skipped on the whipped topping. I also tweaked the shortcake just a bit by adding a 1/2 tsp of cinnamon to the dough - it really brings out the flavor of the fruit when eaten together. Thanks for sharing! Made for Sweet Taste of July Photo Forum event.