Recipe by HRH Mom
Just came across this at Celiac Sprue Association Denver website. http://www.geocities.com/csadenver17/cookbook.html This is my favorite type of cake, so I'm hoping it comes out well.
- 3 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can beets, drained & pureed
- 1 teaspoon gf vanilla
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup potato starch
- 1⁄4 cup tapioca flour
- 9 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs until fluffy; add sugar gradually.
- Add oil, applesauce, beets & vanilla.
- Sift together the rice flour, potato starch, tapioca flour,cocoa, xanthan gum, salt, & soda; stir into applesauce mixture; mix well.
- Pour into a Bundt pan that has been coated with non-stick spray.
- Bake 55 minutes in 375° oven.
- Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan.