One Bowl Gluten Free Chocolate Cake
I learned how to make the original version of this cake when I was 10 years old. It's that easy! As far as my sister and I are concerned, it's not a real birthday cake unless it's this recipe with seven minute frosting. :D
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups gluten-free flour ($notetemplate1$)
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon guar gum or 3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 5 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup water
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add all liquid ingredients and mix well.
- Bake in greased and floured 9" square pan (or lined with waxed paper), at 350 F, for 30 - 35, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I must have done something wrong because this tasted horrible. I used Namaste Foods Perfect Flour Blend. I doubled the recipe and split evenly between two 9" round pans. It wasn't dry, but it was chewy and tastes like cardboard. The only person that liked it was the gluten free birthday girl. The rest of us couldn't eat more than one or two bites. I was so bummed.Replies 1
see 96 more