Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These delectable pancakes bring out the special flavor of quinoa without it being at all dominant. They are fluffy and even taste great when cold. The recipe is from the Gluten-free Gastronaut: I think she's a genius :-)
- 1 1⁄2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1⁄4 cup quinoa flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups lactose-free milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl mix dry ingredients well.
- In a second bowl, mix wet ingredients.
- Whisk the liquid mixture into the flour mixture, using a wire whisk. Don't bother to whisk too vigorously, small lumps may still be visible, that's OK.
- Cook on a medium/hot oiled skillet, preferrably a non-stick one.
- Flip when lots of little bubbles are appearing on the surface.
- Please note that if your flour blend already contains guar or xanthan gum, there's no need to add the xanthan gum. Same for salt!