Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
This bread is so moist, you'd never know it's gluten free! The recipe is based off of Shelley Albeluhn's Banana Banana Bread recipe here on Zaar.
- 473.18 ml all-purpose gluten-free flour (I use Bob's Red Mill)
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml mashed ripe banana
- 236.59 ml canned pumpkin
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly grease 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- In large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar.
- Stir in eggs, mashed bananas, pumpkin, spices, and vanilla until well blended.
- Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Allow to rest 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60-65 minutes until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.
Better than most gluten containing breads. I added pecans, and baked in 3small loaf pans for 40 min. I also used 1/4 c coconut oil to replace 1/4 c of butter. Going to get more pumpkin and make it again!
Perfect! This is simply the best gluten free banana or pumpkin bread recipe I've ever made. It's the one I'm going to stick with! I used pureed butternut squash that I froze last fall instead of pumpkin, everything else was as written. Thanks for posting. :)
Delicious! I made this today and it's almost all gone, which is quite a feat in a household where only I am GF and the others shy away from any of my "funny stuff". I ended up using about 3/4 cup pumpkin and 1/2 cup apple puree because I didn't have quite enough pumpkin, and used dairy free margarine and it was still excellent. I think next time I'll add some walnuts and perhaps some rum soaked raisins... but perhaps not! Definitely going in my Make Frequently pile.