Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are great & addictive! I love to add them to holiday party trays!
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 cups pecan halves
- In a medium sauce pan, combine all ingredients except pecans.
- Cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring often.
- Add pecans,cook until all liquid is gone.
- Be sure to stir constantly, to avoid burning.
- Spread mixture on wax paper until cool.
- Break apart with 2 forks, while cooling. Be careful, nuts will be very hot.
These were absolutely amazing! They were jsut like the ones at the malls, as Jeff said. As a bonus, they make your house smell wonderful. Thanks for sharing!
Mills mess says these are addictive
Excellent...better than the baked version...these are very close to what you find at the shopping mall. I wondered what would happen if you replaced white with brown sugar, and evaporated milk with a stick of butter...the result was very good too. These are great in an Oriental Salad too. Save 9.00 and make these yourself...much better.