- 2 lbs carrots
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil or 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon honey (you can substitute brown sugar or maple syrup for a slightly different flavour)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel carrots and cut into 1/4 inch slices diagonally.
- Heat oil in large skillet and cook garlic and ginger for one minute. Add cumin and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients, starting with 1 cup of broth.
- Cook over medium heat stirring occasionally. Leave uncovered.
- When all of the liquid has evaporated check if carrots are tender. If they aren't add more broth and continue cooking. They should take about 20 - 25 minutes.
- When done check for seasonings and serve.