Ginger Glazed Carrots
These carrots are lightly sweet and low in fat. The recipe is from a Betty Crocker cook booklet March 1994.
- Ready In:
- 3 cups carrots, 1/4 inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine or 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar, packed
- Place the carrots, water, wine, butter and ground ginger in a 10-inch skillet.
- Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until liquid has evaporated.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, add lemon juice and brown sugar.
- Cook an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until carrots are glazed.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
We enjoyed these tasty carrots Paula They were quick and easy to make. I used a combination of white wine and apple juice and the rest of the listed ingredients. Really tasty sauce, with soft and tender carrots and just the right amount of spice. Thanks for sharing this lovely recipe for glazed carrots.