Cook1 hr 10 mins
Here 's a classic dessert with a wonderful Almond glaze made with Desarano Liquor. This is good made in small loaf pans wrapped with colorful paper and a pretty festive ribbon for gift giving!
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Grease and flour a 9x5 loaf pan.
- Beat butter at medium speed till creamy add almond paste and beat additional minute add sugar a little at a time while beating till all is incorporated about 5 minutes. Being sure to scrape sides of bowl while mixing. Add eggs 1 at a time beating just until blended.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Add flour to batter alternating with sour cream till just blended in on low speed.
- Pour into pan and bake in lower third of oven for 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool on wire rack till pan is cool enough to handle, remove from pan and cool on wire rack. Serve as is or top with Almond glaze.
- Glaze: Mix sugar with a little liquor at a time till a soft smooth consistency.
These little loaves made lovely gifts for giving this year. The flavor, thanks to the almond paste, is heavenly. I love almond paste so much better than almond flavoring when it comes to baked goods. A great recipe that will become a keeper.