1/4 Photos of Glazed Almond Pound Cake
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Here 's a classic dessert with a wonderful Almond glaze made with Desarano Liquor. This is good made in small loaf pans wrapped with colorful paper and a pretty festive ribbon for gift giving!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup vanilla sugar (Vanilla Flavored Sugar or Splenda)
- 2 ounces almond paste, finely crumbled
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups cake flour, sifted
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1Preheat oven to 325°.
- 2Grease and flour a 9x5 loaf pan.
- 3Beat butter at medium speed till creamy add almond paste and beat additional minute add sugar a little at a time while beating till all is incorporated about 5 minutes. Being sure to scrape sides of bowl while mixing. Add eggs 1 at a time beating just until blended.
- 4Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- 5Add flour to batter alternating with sour cream till just blended in on low speed.
- 6Pour into pan and bake in lower third of oven for 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool on wire rack till pan is cool enough to handle, remove from pan and cool on wire rack. Serve as is or top with Almond glaze.
- 7Glaze: Mix sugar with a little liquor at a time till a soft smooth consistency.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Glazed Almond Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 382.9
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 117.3 mg
- Sodium 174.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: