Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A client gave me this receipe when I was sick. Works great to help congestion and tastes pretty good too.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery leaves, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced small
- 1 potato, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- salt, to taste if desired
- Heat oil in a medium size pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and sautee until tender.
- Next add celery, leaves and carrots and sautee for 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- Then add chicken broth (or vegetable bouillon if Vegetarian), potato (peeled or not), ginger, salt and pepper.
- Simmer on low heat for 1 hour.
- I have a stainless steel garlic press and I find it wonderful to mince ginger. It saves a lot of time and releases the juices better.
Lovely, healthy soup that we realyy enjoyed. I left my ginger in very samall slices and diced the veggies quite fine too so the cooking time was only about 30 minutes and just a few more to reheat if you made the soup ahead of time..