Ginger Peanut Soup
photo by Kathy228
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups vegetable stock or 3 cups water
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 5 tablespoons natural-style peanut butter
- In a large soup pot, saute the broccoli, cauliflower, onions, ginger, garlic, cayenne, salt, and pepper in oil on medium heat until vegetables are tender.
- Add the stock, tomatoes, and peanut butter.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wonderful creamy soup with lots of good-for-you veggies! I did make a few substitutions, though. I had no cauliflower and used some chopped kale instead, and instead of PB I used macadamia nut butter (just what I had around.) The combo of ginger with the slight hint of nut butter was awesome. On the second day I added some mung bean sprouts and a little tamari. I can see this being very versatile as far as add ins. Ginger and garlic lovers - add a little extra, these two flavors really add a lot to this great soup!
see 2 more reviews