Chicken Garlic Ginger Healing Soup
Have a cold or the flu? Try this soup to kick up your immune system and get healthy fast! Plus, this soup tastes SO good. My husband loves it! (Whew!) This soup is also great for inflammation and arthritis, due to the healing qualities of gingerol (from the ginger).
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 large sweet onion, Finely diced
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup fresh carrot, sliced
- 32 ounces chicken broth, organic
- 6 -8 cups water, depending on preference
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- Heat olive oil in a large pan.
- Add fresh garlic, fresh ginger, and onion.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes. Add Ginger paste, cayenne pepper, and salt & pepper. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the chicken broth, water, chicken, and carrots.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes (feel free to cook on low for up to an hour).
- Add spinach and let cook for 5 minutes just before serving.
- Note: you can also add mushrooms, to add in more antioxidants. Simply add to the soup at the same time you add the carrots.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I use a rotisserie chicken. But I will get the day before. Debone the chicken. Place all of my bones in a crock pot and add some fresh thyme, rosemary and 1/4 cup of vinegar, I feel it up with water. Let it cook all day. It becomes this rich golden color. The recipe itself is so good. Thank you.Reply