Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Top pancakes, French toast, cheese cakes or ice cream whatever your heart desires. Enjot alone or you can top the strawberries with whipped cream and garnish with fresh herbs.
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 lb strawberry, quartered
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon limoncello lemon-flavored liqueur
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground ginger
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 sprig fresh lavender (optional) or 1 sprig fresh rosemary (optional) or 1 sprig fresh sage leaves (optional) or 1 sprig fresh thyme (optional)
- Mix cornstarch with a bit of water to make a slurry.
- Place remaining ingredients into a pot over medium low heat stirring till sugar is dissolved.
- Remove herbs and discard.
- Add slurry and cook till thickened.
- Enjoy on top of whatever pleases you!
Wow, these were delicious! I loved the ginger/cinnamon additions and I added some fresh rosemary herbs. Instead of 1/3 cup sugar I used 1/4 cup of a Splenda/sugar mix. I didn't have limoncello so I added an Ecuadorian liqueur that somebody gave me. I served them with a "French toast" sandwich. :)
What a great strawberry sauce! Used the lavender and I loved the delicate floral note it gave this sauce. We enjoyed it plain tonight, like a pudding, with a dab of whipped cream.
WOW-----These were wonderful. I used Grand Marnier in place of the Limoncello--Dh is not a fan of lemon, and splenda---and even with my tinkering--these were wonderful berries! We ate them plain--not on anything, not with anything just these delightful berries, and what a wonderful treat! Thanks so much for posting this! Cannot wait for June and fresh local berries!