I use this recipe for all holiday cutout cookies. They are crisp, buttery, and flaky. This is NOT like gingerbread cookie dough. It has just a hint of ginger taste. You could always leave it out if you prefer, the cookie will still be delicious (you may want to add some vanilla, almond, or other flavored extract if you do). My son loves to help me deocrate them.Yield will vary with size of your cut-outs. Time does not include chill time and of course each batch will bake for 6 - 8 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl cream confectioners sugar, softened butter, and vinegar.
- 2In a medium bowl sift together the flour, ginger, baking soda, and salt.
- 3Mix dry ingredient into the creamed butter mixture.
- 4If dough is too dry, add milk or cream a tablespoon at a time.
- 5Chill dough and keep unused portion in refrigerator while making each batch.
- 6On lightly floured board or silpad, roll dough 1/8 - 1/4 inch. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters.
- 7Bake in a 400°F oven for 6-8 minutes, until edges turn golden brown. Keep a close eye on cookies, especially if cookies are different sizes. I bake a sheet of stars, then angels, etc. so they will bake evenly.
- 8Cool on wire rack before decorating.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Cookie Dough for Cut out Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (651 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.3
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 16.2 mg
- Sodium 94.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 1.0 g