Sour Cream Cutout Cookies
This is a great recipe for cut-out cookies as no chilling time is required. You may find you need to add more flour to work with dough. Store in a tightly covered container. Makes a nice cake-like cookie.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 2⁄3 cups flour (may need more)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Pre-heat oven to 400.
- Cream together sugar& shortening.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients together.
- Add to sugar mixture alternately with sour cream.
- Divide dough.
- Roll out to 1/4" thick, cut into desired shapes.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Decorate with desired frosting.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Really nice texture and lighly sweet taste. I omitted the nutmeg (personal preference) and used "Smart Balance Margarine" in place of the shortening (again, personal preference). I doubled the recipe since I was making for a large event. I had to add a smidge more flour, but not much. I got about 14 dozen, that's 7 dozen 1 1/2" cookies per recipe. Worked great. Thanks for a nice recipe.