Recipe by * Pamela *
Almost as good as take out! Prep time does not include the time to marinade the meat.
Top Review by Leta
An excellent, quick dinner. I sliced the beef and put it in the marinade, then prepared the other ingredients. By that time the 30 min marinade time was up, and voila! delicious dinner! This is definitely gingery, but that is a great compliment to the other ingredients. I used Splenda in place of the sugar in the marinade to cut carbs, and used a green pepper instead of the red since that is what I had on hand. I added a handfull of slivered almonds with the vegetables for some added crunch. I believe next time I will julienne the carrots instead of grating so they will hold their shape and give a bit more texture. Great recipe. Thanks for sharing.
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons sesame seed oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 lb boneless beef sirloin or 1 lb flank steak, sliced into 1/4 inch strips
- 5 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 red pepper, seeded,and cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the marinade ingredients and add beef strips.
- Toss to coat well.
- Allow to marinade 30 minutes or overnight.
- In frying pan or electric wok, heat 2 tsp oil over medium heat.
- Stir fry beef mixture in oil 2-3 minutes or until browned.
- Remove from pan, and set aside.
- In pan add remaining 3 tsps of oil, and stir fry vegetables, garlic and ginger for 1 minute.
- Add beef back to pan and stir fry 2 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch and water together and add to frying pan.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened.
- Serve with rice or oriental noodles.