Alberta Ginger Beef
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 lb center cut beef top round steak
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 hot chili peppers
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoons ginger juice
- 1 egg white, beaten lightly
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- hot chili oil
- 4 -5 cups canola oil (for frying)
- Cut beef into matchstick strips, cutting along the grain.
- In a medium bowl mix together:.
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce.
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine.
- 1 teaspoon white sugar.
- 2 tablespoons ginger juice.
- add beef and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Cut celery, carrot and hot peppers into thin strips, mince garlic and ginger. Place in a medium bowl, add sesame oil and mix well.
- Set aside.
- In another medium bowl beat the egg white and add water.
- Add the flour and cornstarch, mixing the batter well.
- Add Batter to the meat bowl, mixing well.
- To make the sauce mix together the 1 tablespoon white wine, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon white vinegar, 4 tablespoons white sugar, 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil, 2 tablespoons water and hot chili oil. Whisk until sugar is disolved. Set aside.
- In a deep wok over medium high heat add the oil.
- When hot add 1/4 the meat/batter mixture, separating the beef strips.
- Deep fry until golden brown-3 to 4 minutes depending on how hot your oil is, remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Repeat until all the beef is cooked.
- In another wok or large saucepan heat 1 tablespoon oil. When hot add the vegetables and begin stir-frying.
- Pour in the sauce and let come to a boil.
- Add the deep-fried beef, tossing well.
- Remove and serve hot over rice or just out of a bowl.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!