Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
Almost as good as take out! Prep time does not include the time to marinade the meat.
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons sesame seed oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 lb boneless beef sirloin or 1 lb flank steak, sliced into 1/4 inch strips
- 5 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 red pepper, seeded,and cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the marinade ingredients and add beef strips.
- Toss to coat well.
- Allow to marinade 30 minutes or overnight.
- In frying pan or electric wok, heat 2 tsp oil over medium heat.
- Stir fry beef mixture in oil 2-3 minutes or until browned.
- Remove from pan, and set aside.
- In pan add remaining 3 tsps of oil, and stir fry vegetables, garlic and ginger for 1 minute.
- Add beef back to pan and stir fry 2 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch and water together and add to frying pan.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened.
- Serve with rice or oriental noodles.
An excellent, quick dinner. I sliced the beef and put it in the marinade, then prepared the other ingredients. By that time the 30 min marinade time was up, and voila! delicious dinner! This is definitely gingery, but that is a great compliment to the other ingredients. I used Splenda in place of the sugar in the marinade to cut carbs, and used a green pepper instead of the red since that is what I had on hand. I added a handfull of slivered almonds with the vegetables for some added crunch. I believe next time I will julienne the carrots instead of grating so they will hold their shape and give a bit more texture. Great recipe. Thanks for sharing.
I put this into marinate last night and cooked it for dinner tonight. Very tasty!! I had a medium size beef sirloin steak that streached far enough for 2, cut everything else in half, except the garlic and ginger. Very easy and quick to make, served it over brown rice and with a green salad. Very nice easy Sunday dinner!! Thanks for sharing.
Try this recipe! I followed the recipe listed, except that I took Leta's suggestion and I julienned the carrots. What a great meal! It did take me a little longer to make than is listed, but well worth it. My husband thought it was one of the best I've made. After comments like that, I'll be making this again and again. Thanks for the recipe!