Recipe by Rita~
CAUTION! You thought my Spicy Habanero Jelly was hot try this! Make in well ventilated room with gloves. Naga jolokia is a chili pepper the hottest in the world. (Was the hottest till they found the Trinidad Scorpion Moruga Blend (Moruga Scorpion)) . Mine were orange when I picked them so I opted for orange bells. If you get red ones do use red bell peppers. If you can't find the ghost chili's just use 12 habaneros or if you dare try the Scorpion!
Top Review by hamermarkc
I was so excited to find this recipe! I won't recommend changes to this recipe (as it annoys me when others do). I will say everyone's tolerance to capsaicin is different, you can adjust the number of peppers in this. Mine has been Now & Later, of course, referring to the heat.
- 3 red chili peppers (Naga jolokia ghost chili`s, washed, drained, stems and seeds removed)
- 3 red bell peppers, washed, drained, stems and seeds removed
- 2 cups cider vinegar, divided
- 6 cups sugar
- 3 ounces liquid pectin
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree peppers and 1 cup vinegar in blender (be careful of your eyes HOT FUMES).
- Combine puree 1 cup vinegar and sugar in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a rolling boil and boil for 10 minutes stirring constantly.
- Stir in pectin and return to a rolling boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from stove and skim foam.
- Ladle hot jelly into clean hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Adjust caps process 10 minutes in boiling water canner.
- Let set at room temperature for 24 hours out of drafts.
- Store for up to 1 year.