Green Chili-Pepper Jelly
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 2 long green chili peppers (about 4")
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups cider vinegar
- 5 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon green food coloring
- 3 ounces liquid pectin
- Rinse, seed and chop the chili peppers and bell pepper.
- In an electric blender, combine one-half cup of the vinegar, chili peppers and bell pepper.
- Process until liquefied.
- Pour into a large heavy saucepan or kettle.
- Use remaining cup of vinegar to rinse the blender; pour into kettle.
- Add sugar and cayenne pepper.
- Cook, stirring constantly, over moderate heat, to slowly bring mixture to boiling.
- Boil two minutes.
- Remove from heat and skim off foam with a metal spoon.
- Add green food coloring.
- Stir in pectin, mixing well.
- Pour into hot sterilized half-pint jars.
- Seal immediately with two-part lids.
- Process immediately in boiling water bath: five minutes at elevations from sea level to 1,000 feet; 10 minutes at elevations of 1,001 to 6,000 feet; and 15 minutes above 6,000 feet.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION